Intro to Furniture – Side Table
March 13 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Interdisciplinary – beginner to intermediate
Participants will build a modern side table with a welded steel frame and solid hardwood top. The side table will measure roughly 14” in length, 14” wide, and 20” tall when completed. If you would like a different height, no problem, just let us know ahead of time. This class is geared toward beginners with an interest in both woodworking and/or metalworking. No other classes are required before taking this class. Feel free to bring a friend, partner, or family member to help!
Class begins at 9:00a, we will break for lunch and finish by 5:00p. (There are several cafes and restaurants in walking distance of Maker Village, as well as a kitchen space in the shop.)
Tools covered: Jointer, Table Saw, Router, Orbital Sander, MIG Welder, Angle Grinder, Horizontal Bandsaw
Before coming to the class, please read through and sign the Waiver, Release of Liability Form. Make sure to wear leather boots or another non-flammable material, and clothing that is 100% cotton or non-flammable.
WORKSHOP & OPEN SHOP POLICIES:
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- No loose or dangling hair, clothing or jewelry can be worn in the shop.
- Shop temperature fluctuates, wear layers. Wear jeans if metalworking.
- Must be 18+ to participate in workshops or open shop (16+ if attending with an adult).
- If for any reason Maker Village KC needs to cancel a class or workshop, you will be notified and refunded.
OUR ADDRESS: 606 E 31st. Street. KC, MO 64109 (⊙﹏⊙)
PARKING: Free street parking on 31st street and Cherry street.
PUBLIC TRANSIT: Maker Village is accessible through RideKC. For more information or to plan your trip, visit ridekc.org/ or use the Google Maps iphone/android app.