Intro to Joinery – Art Frame
April 3 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Participants will learn to build a picture frame using reclaimed oak and join the wood using a traditional bridle joint. During the class, participants will also learn basic mat cutting, print mounting, and glass cutting.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own print or art to frame, just keep in mind the max frame size we can make is 24″ x 36″, and the width of the face frame or stile is set at a max of 2″.
This class is geared toward beginners with an interest in woodworking. No other classes are required before taking this class. Feel free to bring a friend, partner, or family member to help!
Class begins at 9:00a, we will break for lunch and finish by 5:00p. (There are several cafes and restaurants in walking distance of Maker Village, as well as a kitchen space in the shop.)
Tools covered: Jointer, Table Saw, Router, Orbital Sander, MIG Welder, Angle Grinder, Horizontal Bandsaw
Before coming to the class, please read through and sign the Waiver, Release of Liability Form.
WORKSHOP & OPEN SHOP POLICIES:
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- No loose or dangling hair, clothing or jewelry can be worn in the shop.
- Shop temperature fluctuates, wear layers. Wear jeans if metalworking.
- Must be 18+ to participate in workshops or open shop (16+ if attending with an adult).
- If for any reason Maker Village KC needs to cancel a class or workshop, you will be notified and refunded.
OUR ADDRESS: 606 E 31st. Street. KC, MO 64109 (⊙﹏⊙)PARKING: Free street parking on 31st street and Cherry street. PUBLIC TRANSIT: Maker Village is accessible through RideKC. For more information or to plan your trip, visit ridekc.org/ or use the Google Maps iphone/android app.